PEPSI® AND LAY’S®
NHL® CONTEST RULES
The Pepsi® and Lay’s® NHL® Contest (the “Contest”) available at participating Circle K® and Couche-Tard® establishments is sponsored by PepsiCo Canada ULC “PepsiCo” or the “Sponsor”) and administered by 612 Creative Inc. (the “Administrator”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA WHO ARE THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of Canada. Please do not proceed unless you are a resident of Canada at the time of entry. By participating in the Contest, you (the “Participant”), or in the case of a minor, your parent or legal guardian, fully and unconditionally agree(s) to accept these Official Rules (the “Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions shall be final and binding and non-appealable in all respects. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. Contest void where prohibited by law.
Winning a Prize (as defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Sponsor reserves the right to make changes to the Contest at any time, with or without notice, in its sole discretion, for any reason whatsoever, subject only to applicable legal requirements.
Subject to applicable laws, these Rules govern all aspects of the Contest and are binding upon all Participants. In the event of any inconsistency between the Rules and the conditions and explanations appearing on any other documents, including any advertising, these Rules shall take precedence.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on March 29, 2022 at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (ET) and ends on May 23, 2022 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on May 23, 2022 (the “Contest Closing Time”). Entries submitted after the Contest Closing Time will not be accepted.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to residents of Canada only who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, agents or representatives of the Sponsor, the Administrator, Mac’s Convenience Stores Inc., Couche-Tard Inc., the National Hockey League (“NHL”), its member teams, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC (the foregoing NHL entities collectively, the “NHL Entities”), or their respective head office and branch offices, distribution centres, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, administrators, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, agents, store operators and their employees, any entity that has been contracted for purposes of this Contest, and their respective immediate household/family members are NOT eligible to participate in the Contest. Immediate household/family members are defined, for these purposes, as including spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their respective spouses, and/or those persons with whom any of the above are domiciled (whether related or not). An entrant must meet the eligibility requirements set out in these Rules from the time of entry until the time he/she is confirmed a winner (if he/she becomes a winner).
Participants between the ages of 13 and the age of majority in their province/territory of residence will require the permission of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Contest. In the event it is discovered that parental consent was not obtained, the entry will be void. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
- HOW TO ENTER: Visit CircleKGames.ca (the “Contest Website”) during the Contest Period, go to the Contest page and enter three (3) UPC codes from any three (3) Participating Products listed below. You must also provide your first name, email address, mobile phone number, and the province/territory where you reside. You must confirm that you are eligible to enter and agree to participate according to these Rules and, if you are under the age of majority in your province/territory of residence at the time of entry, you must confirm that you have received permission to enter the Contest from your parent or legal guardian. Once you are done, click on the “submit” icon to submit your entry form. Upon receipt of the confirmation message, you will then be entered in the Contest. In doing so, you will obtain one (1) entry in the Contest.
Participating Products (subject to product availability, while supplies last):
- Lay’s® Potato Chips (57 g – 235 g, any flavour/variety)
- Lay’s® Oven Baked Potato Chips (56 g -– 177 g, any flavour)
- Lay’s Poppables® Potato Snacks (57 g -– 130 g, any flavour)
- Lay’s Stax® Potato Crisps (155 g – 163g, any flavour)
- Doritos® Tortilla Chips (58 g – 280 g, any flavour/variety)
- Ruffles® Potato Chips (58 g – 200 g, any flavour/variety)
- Cheetos® Cheese Flavoured Snacks (54 g – 285 g, any flavour/variety),
- Cheetos® Popcorn (45 g – 180 g, any flavour)
- Pepsi® Soft Drinks (591 ml)
- Froster® Fountain Beverage in a Pepsi® NHL® Collectible Cup
NO PURCHASE ENTRY: Purchase is not required and does not enhance a person’s chances of winning. If you wish to enter the Contest without purchase, please use any three (3) of the following codes and follow the process outlined above: 104567893111 / 098567436578 / 000876513245 / 048474916694
Although online access and an email account are required in order to participate in the Contest, no purchase is required; many public libraries, Internet cafés, retail businesses and others offer access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized mobile or email account holder of the mobile phone number or email address used to enter the Contest. “Authorized Account Holder” of a mobile phone is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a cellular telephone number by a wireless carrier that is responsible for assigning cellular telephone numbers or, in the case of email, the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. You may participate in the Contest ONLY using a mobile phone number or email address for which you are the Authorized Account Holder. An eligible Prize winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected mobile phone number or email address. By submitting a phone number or email address to enter the Contest, you represent and warrant that you are the Authorized Account Holder. You shall be responsible and liable to the Contest Sponsor and otherwise for any damages and other losses incurred in connection by them as a result of your submission of any phone number or email address for which you are not the Authorized Account Holder. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the mobile phone umber or email address provided at time of entry.
Limit: one (1) entry per person per day during the Contest Period.
Any attempt to earn extra entries by using multiple/different phone numbers, email addresses, identities, or any other methods will void that Participant’s entries and that Participant may be disqualified from the Contest. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents will void all entries by that Participant. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- Daily Secondary Prizes: There are a total of fifty-six (56) daily secondary prizes of a $250 NHLShop.ca gift code available, one (1) to be awarded in the form of a digital code each day of the Contest Period (each a “Daily Prize”). Odds of winning a Daily Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received at the time of each draw. Non-winning entries will not be carried over into subsequent draws. Maximum one (1) Daily Prize per person during the Contest Period. Draws will be conducted each week as detailed in the table below to select daily prize winners.
- Grand Prize: There is one (1) grand prize available to be won consisting of a trip for the winner and one (1) guest to see a 2022/23 regular season NHL® game anywhere in North America (the “Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize includes return economy air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest from the major airport nearest the Grand Prize winner’s primary place of residence in Canada (airport, carrier and airline ticket class selected at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor), ground transportation to and from destination airport, one (1) standard hotel room, based on double occupancy for two (2) nights (accommodation to be selected at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor), two (2) tickets to the selected regular season NHL® game (seat selection to be chosen at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, subject to availability), and CAD $400 spending money awarded to the winner only. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $4,000 CAD, which is based on a departure from Toronto, Ontario (based on advertised prices in November 2021). Actual value may vary depending on winner’s point of departure and prices at the time of booking. Any difference will not be payable to the winner. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Contest Period. Immediately following the draw for the last Daily Prize, the Administrator will conduct a draw from among all eligible entries received throughout the Contest Period to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner. If the Grand Prize winner is a minor, he/she must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian. If guest of winner is a minor, he/she must provide written consent of his/her parent/legal guardian permitting the minor to travel with the confirmed winner.
Resale of NHL® game tickets is strictly prohibited. All NHL® game tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Grand Prize tickets shall be subject to availability at the time the Grand Prize winner makes their game selection. Every 2022/23 regular season NHL® game may NOT be available for selection. Grand Prize winner and guest must abide by all venue policies and regulations, including without limitation all health and safety protocols, and ticket terms and conditions at all times. The Sponsor reserves the right to revoke the full or partial Grand Prize from any winner or guest who the Sponsor, venue personnel or the NHL Entities deem, in any of their sole discretion, may be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue or NHL policy or law, fail to comply with the NHL’s (or its designee’s) health and safety protocols, or bring the NHL into disrepute. For the avoidance of doubt, unused tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged or applied towards tickets for any subsequent NHL event or for cash.
Grand Prize winner and guest irrevocably waive all claims against the Releasees (as defined in section 5 below), and agree that they will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest, the prizes awarded, personal injury, or wrongful death, a potentially heightened risk of exposure to communicable diseases, viruses, bacteria or illnesses (including, without limitation, COVID-19) and the causes thereof, and sickness arising as a result of participant’s participating in the Contest and related activities (e.g., travel), wherever, whenever or however the same may occur. Grand Prize winner and guest fully understand that (a) the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is extremely contagious and there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are or have been present; (b) no precautions, including any protocols that will be implemented from time to time by NHL can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; (c) while people of all ages and health conditions have been adversely affected by COVID-19, certain people have been identified by public health authorities as having greater risk based on age and/or underlying medical conditions; and (d) exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition.
The winner and his / her guest are responsible for all expenses not specifically included in the Grand Prize, including accommodation, transportation costs, meals, alcohol, entertainment in room, car rental, insurance, medical and/or health costs, excess baggage costs, communication costs and all other personal and incidental costs. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are responsible for obtaining all required medical and travel-related necessities (including vaccinations) and documentation, including a valid passport and the permission to enter the United States of America (if applicable). If the Grand Prize winner does not have proper travel documentation, or any applicable permission to enter the destination country, or does otherwise not accept or participate in any portion of the Grand Prize for any reason whatsoever, then that portion of the Grand Prize is forfeited by the Grand Prize winner (and his/her guest), and the Contest Sponsor shall have no further obligation or liability to Grand Prize winner with respect to the forfeited portion of the Grand Prize.
Daily Prize Draw Days
Daily Prize Draw Date & Time
March 29 – April 4, 2022
April 8, 2022 at 12pm ET
April 5 – 11, 2022
April 15, 2022 at 12pm ET
April 12 – 18, 2022
April 22, 2022 at 12pm ET
April 19 – 25, 2022
April 29, 2022 at 12pm ET
April 26 – May 2, 2022
May 6, 2022 at 12pm ET
May 3 - 9, 2022
May 13, 2022 at 12pm ET
May 10 - 16, 2022
May 20, 2022 at 12pm ET
May 17 - 23, 2022
May 27, 2022 at 12pm ET
Daily Prize draws as listed above will occur at approximately 12:00 noon ET by the Administrator in New Westminster, BC, from among all eligible entries received each day to select one (1) potential Daily Prize winner. For the purposes of this Contest, a “day” shall mean a calendar day that begins at 12:00 am (ET) and ends at 11:59:59 pm (ET).
Daily Prizes and Grand Prizes may be collectively referred to as “Prizes”. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted, exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, which may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. The Sponsor, in its sole discretion, subject only to legal requirements, reserves the right to: (i) substitute all or any portion of the Prizes with another prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value, and (ii) limit the number of Prizes awarded to the same person.
If you are selected as a potential winner of a Daily Prize or the Grand Prize, you will be notified by a telephone call to the mobile phone number submitted at the time of entry within five (5) business days following the draw (the “Prize Notification”).
In most cases, Prizes will be delivered to winners at the email address/address submitted within four (4) to eight (8) weeks of receiving their correctly completed Declaration and Release form described below.
Before being confirmed as a winner of any Prize, a potential winner (or, in the case of a minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) must complete and return, within ten (10) business days of date of receipt, a Declaration and Release Form (the “Declaration and Release”), which (among other things):
- confirms compliance with these Rules;
- acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded;
- releases the Sponsor, the Administrator, the NHL Entities, Mac’s Convenience Stores Inc., Couche-Tard Inc., and their respective affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the prize suppliers, the independent contest judging organization (if any) and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, members, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the potential winner’s participation therein and the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and
- confirms the potential winner’s consent to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph and/or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including, without limitation, print, broadcast and the Internet.
As it relates to the Grand Prize, the winner’s guest and/or, in the case of a minor, his/her parent/legal guardian, will also be required to complete and return a Declaration and Release.
Further, prior to being confirmed as a winner of any Prize, a potential winner (or parent/legal guardian of a minor potential winner) must also correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, to be administered by telephone at a mutually-acceptable time by the Sponsor’s designated agent.
If a potential winner fails to return the properly executed Declaration and Release, including the potential winner’s guest Declaration and Release, within the specified time period, the Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, disqualify the potential winner, thereby forfeiting any and all rights the potential winner may have to the Prize. In the event of such a disqualification, an alternate potential winner may be selected from among the remaining eligible entries, either through a process similar to the one that selected the original potential winner or through a random draw, the exact process to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to these Rules.
If a selected potential winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, does not complete and return the Declaration and Release, is unable or unwilling to accept the Prize as offered or elects to decline the Prize, he/she may be disqualified at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor and an alternate potential winner may be selected from among the remaining eligible entries, either through a process similar to the one that selected the original potential winner or a process to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to these Rules. A disqualified winner will not receive any alternate prize, substitution or compensation.
Upon satisfaction of all requirements of these Rules, including, without limitation, receipt of the completed Declaration and Release, winners will be contacted to make further Prize delivery arrangements.
The Sponsor, the Administrator and Circle K/Couche-Tard commit themselves to collect and use the personal information requested from Prize winners, such as name, email address, province/territory and mobile telephone number in regard to the Contest, solely and exclusively for: (i) the purposes of Prize redemption and delivering the Prize as provided for in the Rules; and (ii) in the case of Circle K/Couche-Tard, when consent has been given in accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”), to promote and to market additional products and services offered by Circle K/Couche-Tard. The Sponsor, the Administrator and Circle K/Couche-Tard will never rent, sell or otherwise communicate or give out your personal information to any other person without your prior consent, which you may refuse or withdraw at any time. Please refer to our online privacy policies https://www.circlek.com/privacy-policy, https://www.couche-tard.com/privacy-policy-quebec?lang=en, and https://www.pepsico.ca/en-ca/privacy.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Releasees are not responsible or liable for: (i) incorrect, incomplete, or inaccurate entry of registration or entry information which may affect a Participant’s ability to participate in the Contest; (ii) human errors, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed/corrupted data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, line failures of any communications network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof; (iii) any inability of a Participant to access the Contest Website, or damage to a user's system occasioned by participating in the Contest; and (iv) entries which fail to fully comply with these Rules. Entries and Prize claims are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
Neither the Sponsor nor the Administrator are responsible for contacting or forwarding Prizes to winners who provide unclear or incomplete information, or for Prizes lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed while in transit. All Prize claims and related forms become the property of the Sponsor.
Participants hereby acknowledge that the Releasees have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes (or any components thereof) and that, except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, each Prize is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Releasees hereby disclaim all such warranties, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and/or non-infringement.
- Termination, Modification or Suspension: The Sponsor may, at its sole discretion and without liability to Contest Participants, terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or modify or suspend the Contest at any time without notice, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”), if required with respect to the province of Quebec, in the event any of the following situations arise in the Sponsor’s sole opinion: any impedance or prevention of the Sponsor’s ability to administer the Contest as planned or intended by an event beyond the Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to an act of God, fire, flood, natural or manmade epidemic or crisis, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, telecommunications equipment failure, utility-related disruptions, software viruses, software bugs, computer programming errors, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), any federal, provincial, territorial or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, pandemic, the order of any court or jurisdiction, or by any other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, and subject to the approval of the Régie, if required, if for any reason more entrants receive notification of eligibility to win a Prize than the number of Prizes stated herein, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or amend or suspend it and award only the number of Prizes stated in these Rules via a random drawing for the Prizes not yet distributed at the time the Contest is terminated, suspended or amended.
- Procedure Upon Early Termination: In the event of early termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted online and a random drawing to award the Prize(s) will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. In no event will the number of Prizes awarded exceed the available number of Prizes as specified in these Rules.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. © NHL 2022. All Rights Reserved.
All other registered and unregistered trademarks presented are owned by their respective owners.